Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska, Inc.
124 South 24th Street, Ste 200
Omaha, NE 68102
Who we are:
LFS offers pregnancy counseling and adoptive services across the state of Nebraska and Pottawattamie County, Iowa. Adoption Search services are available for thosewho received initial placement services through LFS or through Lutheran Social Service (LSS) of Kansas/Oklahoma.
Adoption Links Worldwide is an affliate of Luthern Family Services www.alww.org
Confidential pregnancy counseling is available at no cost to pregnant women, their partners and families. In counseling, women are encouraged to explore their feelings about their pregnancy and examine their options.
- Referrals for prenatal care and other medical care
- Referrals for labor and delivery education
- Parenting and child development education
- Referrals for housing and educational/vocational training
- Adoption planning
Open adoption is a heartfelt commitment to place a child’s needs first. Open adoption provides a framework where the child, birth parents and adoptive parents can come together to best provide positive support for one another.
- Domestic home study
- International home study
- Identified/contract home study
- Older child adoption
- Post- placement supervision, counseling and support
Post-adoption Search and Reunion
LFS provides adoption reunion search services in Nebraska and Kansas to birth parents, siblings, adoptees, and adoptive families, who want information or to reunite with each other.
- Non-identifying Background Information: LFS prepares a summary of a person's non-identifying information contained in agency records. This information may include birth, social, descriptive, heritage, medical, and other information. Information varies from individual file to individual file.
- Medical Search: LFS attempts to locate a biological family member to obtain updated medical history information. Neither the birth nor the adoptive family members are made aware of the other's identity or whereabouts.
- Search: LFS attempts to locate a member of the adoption triad to determine their openness to communication and possible direct contact with another member.
- Tribal Certification or Enrollment: available to adoptees of Native America heritage. LFS helps such persons explore the possibility of enrollment or certification in their tribe for purposes of determining personal or entitlement benefits.
This agency covers the state of Nebraska and Pottawattamie County Iowa